Online registration is now closed, but onsite registration will be available!
Join your fellow golfers and the Association for Federal Information Resources Management (AFFIRM), a 501(c)3 non-profit, as we raise funds for our scholarship program. AFFIRM is a volunteer, educational organization whose overall purpose is to improve the management of information, and related systems and resources, within the Federal government.
Proceeds will be dedicated to the AFFIRM Scholarship Fund to support the science, technology, and engineering education of future IT leaders.
• Recipients of the AFFIRM scholarships and endowments include George Mason University, Bowie State, University of the District of Columbia, Virginia Polytech Institute, University of Maryland University College, and George Washington University.
• Since 2001, AFFIRM has awarded a total of over $300,000 in scholarships.
• Last year, AFFIRM gave $50,000 in scholarships due to the great success of AFFIRM events, including the golf tournament.
• Over the past five years, the AFFIRM golf tournament has raised over $88,000 for scholarships.
• Last year’s golf tournament raised over $18,000. Help us to surpass that this year!
New this year: Tennis at the turkey shoot.
Not a golfer? Let’s get together for a round robin doubles match at 1 pm and then join golfers for dinner and networking.
Golf Tournament Agenda:
9:00am - 10:00am:
Registration, Warm-up & Coffee
10:00am - 3:30pm: Golf Classic
Four-person scramble, Shotgun start.
4:00pm - 5:30pm:
Tennis Tournament Agenda:
12:00pm - 1:00pm:
1:00pm - 3:30pm: Tennis Tournament
Round Robin Start
4:00pm - 5:30pm:
Player Cost Includes:
- A great game of golf on a beautiful course, with greens fees, range ball, and carts included.
- Two flights and two sets of prizes: first flight for new players/no established handicap and second flight for players with handicaps.
- Government players paired at their request with Industry players.
- Networking time with your customers, colleagues, & friends in Federal Information Management.
- Contests including: Putting and Longest Drive
- Fully-stocked beverage carts for refreshments on the course.
- Breakfast, boxed lunch, and dinner.
Sponsorship opportunities are available! Among this year's many options are:
Diamond Sponsor - $10,000 - In celebration of the 10th anniversary of AFFIRM's Golf Tournament!
Lunch Sponsor - $4,000
Gold Sponsor - $2,500
Silver Sponsor - $2,000
Bronze Sponsor - $1,500
Beverage Cart Sponsor - $1,500
Wounded Warrior Sponsor - $1,000
Hole Sponsor - $500
Click here for the full list of sponsorships or contact the AFFIRM office at 703-778-4646.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!