affirm Scholarship Program
AFFIRM takes great pride in being able to support students who are scholars and are majoring in an IT related curriculum. Our goal is to support the continuous need for talented IT professionals both in the Federal government and IT Industry.
With that goal, AFFIRM has established two endowments with universities that have strong IT programs. We will also be expanding the scholarship program into additional endowments and targeted scholarships as donations allow.
AFFIRM maintains endowments with Syracuse University and the University of Maryland-University College. The scholarships are awarded by the universities and must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a full-time student (12 credits or more)
- Must be a Junior or above
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must carry a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must major in some aspect of IT or related field
- Must have a letter of reference from a professor
- Scholarship is non-renewable
- Preference is to award to U.S. Citizens
- If chosen, the applicant is requested to attend an AFFIRM's Educational Program to be recognized as a recipient, usually in January following the Scholarship awards.
Scholarship applications will be provided by the Universities; students should inquire in the financial aid office.